Expert clinicians with leading-edge resources
Hospitals and networks nationwide choose us for our depth of resources and commitment to successful outcomes. Our clinical team participates in our national perfusion and autotransfusion (ATS) clinical database, ensuring consistency of care. Our medical department experts advise our perfusionists on clinical practice, clinical quality, and new developments. Our clinicians are local, expert, and experienced, and they follow all evidence-based practice guidelines for perfusion, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), and other related modalities. In addition, we provide:
- Clinical-quality data reports with benchmarking capabilities
- Best-in-class equipment and supplies
- Consistent hands-on management to ensure quality and reliability
- The opportunity to institute ECMO programs, destination therapy programs, intraperitoneal hyperthermia, and other courses of treatment, when necessary or applicable
SpecialtyCare clinicians also specialize in performing two types of extracorporeal life support (ECLS) procedures in and outside the OR:
- Perfusionist-managed care
SpecialtyCare will set up and monitor the ECLS patient 24/7. This service includes all capital equipment and disposable supplies.
- Perfusionist initiation and consultation
SpecialtyCare will handle the setup and initial monitoring of the patient, usually for the first 24 to 48 hours. The responsibility for monitoring is then transferred to hospital personnel, usually an intensive care nurse. The SpecialtyCare team performs daily rounds, and standby services are available when caseloads are heavier than normal. Services include all capital equipment and disposable supplies.
Our perfusion team saves you the cost of hiring, training, and supplying resource-heavy perfusion support that may not suit the needs of your surgical volumes. And our nationwide buying power provides you with capital equipment and disposable products at competitive rates from leading manufacturers, including:
- LivaNova (formerly Sorin)
- Terumo Cardiovascular Systems